1) URL: http://contentdm.auctr.edu/cdm/landingpage/collection/mhmc
2) Terms and Conditions: http://contentdm.auctr.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/mhmc/id/49
I chose this database because it is neither CC or PD but is available for fair use access and personal download with a watermark. I think it is important to show that many databases and digital collections are neither completely restricted nor free to use in any way.
The collection states: Images in these collections are either protected by copyright or are the property of the Archives Department of Meharry Medical College Library. To order a reproduction or to inquire about permission to publish, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615.327.6470.
3) Collection Summary (Larger Collection):
A Digital Collection Celebrating the Founding of the Historically Black College and University is a collection of primary resources from twenty-two HBCU libraries and archives. It includes several thousand scanned pages and represents HBCU libraries first collaborative effort to make a historic collection digitally available. Collections are contributed from member libraries of the Historically Black College and University Library Alliance. The collection includes photographs, university correspondence, manuscripts, images of campus buildings, alumni letters, memorabilia, and programs from campus events.
A national treasure, Meharry Medical College is the oldest, private historically black medical school in the country. Founded in 1876 as the medical department of Central Tennessee College, Meharry became an independent Medical College in 1915. Meharry includes schools in medicine (the oldest and largest of all schools), dentistry, and graduate studies. The Meharry digital collection contributes images having the following themes: Presidents, Campus Buildings, Faculty, Alumni, the School of Medicine, the School of Dentistry, the School of Graduate Studies, the School of Pharmacy which closed in 1938, and the School of Nursing which closed in 1962.
4) While free to access and download with watermark for personal use, the collection states: Images in these collections are either protected by copyright or are the property of the Archives Department of Meharry Medical College Library. To order a reproduction or to inquire about permission to publish, please call 615.327.6470.
5) Example: ©_Nursing Students, 1919